The job of Custodian is done for the purpose of maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility; providing adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events; and minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities and events.
• Attends in-service training for the purpose of receiving information on new or improved methods and/or equipment. Cleans facilities (e.g. classrooms, offices, restroom, multipurpose rooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
• Delivers variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate personnel.
• Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Informs other site personnel and supervisor for the purpose of providing information regarding activities, safety and/or proper maintenance of facilities.
• Informs supervisors of safety hazards, work orders, requisitions, etc. for the purpose of documenting information Inspects work areas for the purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness and identifying necessary repairs due to vandalism and wear and tear.
• Maintains supplies, equipment, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of required items.
• Repairs furniture and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items as needed to properly maintain facilities.
• Secures facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss and liability and ensuring safety at work sites.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Abilities to use discretion, independent action and/or judgment with regards to using equipment and/or working with people; and diversity of equipment. Specific abilities to adhere to safety practices; be attentive to detail; meet deadlines and schedules; and work under time constraints. Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Work Schedule
More About Crosspointe Church
Crosspointe is one church in two locations with a mission to lead people to find and follow Jesus. With two southern California campuses, thousands of people have accepted Christ, been baptized and discipled since the church's beginning.
In 2017, the Anaheim campus moved into it's brand new, home with up to state of the art technology, a massive two-story children's playground and warm and inviting spaces for everyone in the church to meet, worship and serve others.
The Ventura campus was adopted in 2018 and the revitalization has been amazing! God has exceeded all of our expectations as we have been focused on relentlessly improving the facilities and restructuring the ministry to continually reach people for Christ in Ventura.
You can read more about what we believe and core values here.
Living in Southern California
Call us biased, but we believe Southern California is the best place to live on the planet! The Anaheim campus is situated 20 miles from Newport Beach, 30 miles Los Angeles, Hollywood and 4.7 miles from a great taco Tuesday spot called El Cantarito. Anaheim is the home of Disneyland, the Los Angeles Angels, Anaheim Ducks, great concert venues and fantastic food.
In addition, you will enjoy warm summers, mild winters, a fast-paced but "no worries" environment, great schools and endless opportunities to make memories for yourself and your family.
● Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to lead others in their faith.
● Regularly attend worship services.
● Nurtures healthy family relationships and manages their family and ministry time well.
● Has a “team player” and has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
● Pursues professional, personal, and spiritual development.
● Has enthusiasm and is able to provide a non-anxious presence when needed.
● Carries a posture of strength, approachability, and humility.
● Promote and protect the unity and mission of Crosspointe at all times.
● Be early to meetings, services, etc. Stay engaged for the duration of the event.
● Complete the tasks/ projects as assigned to you by the deadline given.
● Be organized, efficient, dependable, and committed to completing your work.
● Work while you are at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc.)
● Add value to every task that you work on, every meeting you attend, and every request made of you.
● Contribute to an environment of respect, warmth, and hospitality.
Working Environment: The job functions are generally performed in an indoor/outdoor environment requiring the following significant physical abilities: lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling; stooping, kneeling, crouching; reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling; sensory speaking, hearing and visual. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. for equipment, furniture, and supplies.
Educational & Experience Requirements: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and six (6) months experience in building custodial activities.
Licensing, Certification, Testing Requirements: Background clearance; Reasonable accommodation may able made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.