It’s 10:00 am. You open your eyes, check your phone and go back to bed. The next time you open your eyes, you open Instagram and catch up on everything new. Scroll through Facebook, check Snapchat, look at some tik tok dances and click your phone back off. What time is it? Honestly, what day is it?
If you’re anything like me, Covid-19 has thrown you into a major funk. The days go by so slow but also sometimes so fast that before you know it you’ve spent the entire day rotating between your phone and the bed and it’s time to do it all again. This week, let’s get some life and light back into our houses/rooms/hearts/heads.
Here is a list of 20 things to do to make the most of quarantine right now:
1. If you have a pet, be sure to snuggle it a lot
2. If you don’t have a dog, try to convince someone to buy you a dog ASAP
4. Open up all of your blinds and let as much natural light in as possible!
5. Try to acquire a new skill- learn to crack an egg with just one hand or watch a Youtube video and learn to juggle (I did this when I was 15 so it does work)
6. Get outside! Go for a run (or a walk if you’re not an overachiever) or find a quiet spot outside to put down a blanket and lay under the sun.
7. Text an old friend who you haven’t talked to in a few months and give them some encouragement.
8. Have a virtual hangout with your friends by hosting a Netflix party and all watching your favorite movie “together”.
9. Master a Tik Tok dance.
10. Make sure you’re up to date on all the binge-worthy TV shows (if you don’t know who Joe Exotic is, you better get on that)
11. Get your creativity flowing- write a poem, learn a new song on guitar, paint a picture of the ocean (if you forget what the ocean is by this point, it’s a large body of water), or try your hand at a new recipe.
12. Write a good old-fashioned letter to an older relative and tell them about your life. Make life a little less scary and lonely for them right now.
13. Get all your blankets and sheets and make a fort- then watch Onward on Disney+ when it comes out on April 3rd
14. Go through old Facebook pictures you were tagged in and cringe HARD.
15. Put your phone away for a few hours. Do it. Right now. Well, after you’re done reading this of course.
16. Try to get a 10 game winning streak on Madden. Be sure to talk a lot of trash to your friends during/after.
17. Stay connected to community. Join a group. Reach out to friends. Social distancing doesn't have to mean loneliness!
18. Make a difference. Run errands for people who can’t get out of the house. Sign up to serve with Crosspointe and help people in need. Pray for our country and the world in this time of crisis.
20. Use this time to seek after God. Ask him what He has for you in this season. Open up your bible. Pray. Love others.
We love you all Young Adults!
Until next week, Kyla Lyons